there is a difference between people who are smart and people who get good grades
Alloromantic: someone who experiences romantic attraction.
- Heteroromantic: romantically attracted to people of another gender only.
- Homoromantic: romantically attracted to people of the same gender only.
- Biromantic: romantically attracted to two or more genders.
- Panromantic: romantic attraction has no regard to gender.
- Gynoromantic: romantically attracted to femininity
- Androromantic: romantically attracted to masculinity
Aromantic: someone who does not experience romantic attraction.
- Cupioromantic: does not experience romantic attraction, but still desires a romantic relationship.(previously kalosromantic)
Grayromantic: someone who is neither alloromantic nor aromantic, or someone who is between alloro and aro.(Also called gray-romantic, grayaromantic, gray-aromantic)
- Akoiromantic: experiences romantic attraction, but does not wish for (or does not require) those feelings to be reciprocated. (Can be either akoiromantic or akoineromantic, and was previously called “lithromantic” but there were issues with that term)
- Demiromantic: experiences romantic attraction only after forming a close bond.
- Quoiromantic: is confused by romantic attraction, or cannot tell the difference between romantic and platonic attraction.(also called WTFromantic)
- Recipromantic: does not experience romantic attraction until they know someone is interested in them first.
- Idemromantic: experiences romantic and platonic attraction similarly or identically, but categorizes them into romantic or platonic based on factors other than the feelings themselves.(source)
A list of romantic orientations! I included all of the ones I could find, but I’m expecting the list to be either incomplete or flawed, so if you have any corrections, please let us know.
Also, if you know the source of a term and it isn’t included, drop us a message and we’ll add it. Thanks!